Just better for your back in a mini version, as it is based on the Original Ergonomic Cot with the unique Australian Patented and Design Registered design, created specifically to reduce the stress placed on carers and mums by increasing the base height and making access to the child easier.
The design allows parents and carers to get closer to the child to reduce the impact of the weight of a child.
Why a specific cot for the early learning sector?
mid 2011, Work Safe Victoria discovered carers were suffering from
multiple skeletal injuries caused by the repeated manual handling and
bending into cots. The injuries caused vary but are caused primarily by
the repeated bending into lower level cots. Work Safe Victoria proceeded
to issue Early Learning Centres infringement notices and required
centres to change their cots to a more suitable cot to reduce the
The options for Early Learning Centres were limited to Cots that did not meet Australian Standards or metal cots which didn’t meet the comfort and assurance requirements of parents and carers.
The next step . . . In consultation with various associations including Work Safe Victoria, Kindergarten Parents Victoria (KPV), Good Start Childcare, Fair Trading Victoria, Fair Trading Queensland and one of Australia’s leading ergonomists Chris Fitzgerald, babyhood took up the challenge of developing a Cot specific for the this industry’s needs. This was no easy task as it required new innovation, new technology and the consensus of all the related parties as to what was best for carers, babies and parents.
14 months later babyhood designed and manufactured the original
Ergonomic Cot, which was proudly launched at the KPV Conference.
The unique Australian Patented* and Design Registered Cot was designed to reduce the stress placed on carers by increasing the base height and making access to the child easier. The design allows carers to get closer to the child to reduce the impact of the weight of a child.
Standards and Regulatory Requirements.
The Original babyhood Ergonomic Cot is tested to AS/NZS 2172:2003 and complies with AS/NZS 2172:2010 – Australian Standard for Domestic use Cots as well as the Commercial Tip Test Standard. The cot is tested by the highly regarded NATA accredited testing facility AFRDI (Australian Furnishing Research and Development Institute) to ensure that the cot is safe and meets with the Standards noted above.
Why a mini version?
Since the great success of the Original Ergonomic Cot, it has become apparent that centres with smaller spaces and parents and grandparents would love the Ergonomic Cot, for their smaller spaces . . . so we designed a smaller version with all the great features of the original, just smaller.
- A mini version of the amazing original Ergonomic Cot
- Ergonomically designed to save your back with an easy two push button soft drop side.
- Stylish and unisex design to suit the workplace and modern homes.
- Better for you and baby as it is sustainable with real clear A grade New Zealand plantation timber.
- Ergonomically positioned single base height that is better for you.
- 4 x lockable heavy duty wheels so it can be used as an evacuation cot.
- Safer for baby with BPA-free teething rails that are very discreet.
- Complies to AS/NZS 2172:2003 and complies with AS/NZS 2172:2010 – Australian Standard for Domestic use Cots.
- Great Colour options : white or natural(we generally have white in stock. Natural colour for orders only)